Thursday, February 7, 2008

I can't believe it is Thursday again!

Thursday means it is time for my Pixie Pick of the week. I saw this beaty of a LO in the DSO gallery and the little girl's eyes captivated me.

Congrats to LoriJ for being my Pixie Pick of the day. Leave her some love and see the credits here. She got a cute little QP from me from a little kit I hope to finish and have up for grabs in the next couple of days.

On to my scrapping. I finished out the 7pages in 7 days challenge from PixelGypsyDesigns. It was a really fun challenge and I got a bunch of goodies while participating. Here are a couple of my last pages.

Photobucket
Credits

This one was a fun lift. The next one was hard for me. I was supposed to be fun, funky, messy, and bright. Just about everything my normal scrapping isn't...lol.

Photobucket
credits

Now I have to switch from scrapping mode to designing mode. I had started my March contribution to the DSO mega kit before I got distracted by the scrap challenge, so I have to finish that up. I think all I have left is my quick page. I don't normally make QPs so it is a challenge for me. I try to leave them open enough that people can embellish them if they want, but the basic layout is done. I am also working on a blog freebie. I want to really work on developing a full kit, so it will probably take a while to get it done.

Yesterday I took Nathan for a speech evaluation. He is going on 4 and 90% of people have a really hard time understanding him. He performed wonderfully for the tester. I thought for sure he would clam up. His speech rated at the 3% of boys his age. That means 97% of boys would have scored higher on the test than he did. Needless to say he qualifies for state funded speech therapy. I have already started the process through the school to get his services started. I also decided to go ahead and have William tested through the school. His speech is a little better than Nathan's but not by much. Hopefully with a little speech therapy they will both be speaking clearer shortly. My break from the public school system was short lived. Now for the AWW.. picture of the day...

Photobucket

Aren't they they sweetest thing ever?

5 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

They are so cute! Great picks on layouts!

Lisa Joy said...

They were so little and cute! Great layouts! I can't believe you did 7 layouts in a week.

Kim B said...

Oh my that is just toooo cute!
LOVE the pixie choice too-
AND AWESOME LO's!!
Oh and a BELATED HAPPY BDAY! too- LOL
Sending morning DSO train huggies!
MWAH

Unknown said...

These layouts are fantastic!!! Great pixie pick too!

Darlene Haughin said...

Hi Jenn! You've been busy! Good for you, too, for catching a potential speech problem for Nathan and getting intervention early. Hope you have a great weekend. :)