Saturday, February 2, 2008

My 5th Anniversary

As of yesterday I have been married for 5 years. In some ways it is hard to believe it has already been that long, but others it hard to believe it has only been that long. Chris stayed home from work yesterday to try and spend some quality time with me. It was a sweet gesture, even if it wasn't very successful. He played with the tinker toys with the boys, played out in the new shed for a while, and in the afternoon I took off with Alexis to Walmart for a few things we needed. With 3 kids sick still we were going through cough medicine like it is going out of style. Of course when I got there all my choices had changed and I had to search everything to decide which one to get. Then as the bad spouse I am I hadn't gotten DH anything for our anniversary (yes this is usually the guys thing but my DH is good to me), I spent another good 10 minutes trying to find the perfect card for him. Luckily DD was standing there with me because she reminded me to get a card for me nephew's birthday party tomorrow. So with cards in hand we headed back to the toys to find a present for said nephew. Crossed the store to get to them and just as we start looking the infamous "I gotta pee" comes from DD. Realize she is nearly 8 and still insists on having to pee pretty much anywhere we go, so this is an annoying request. "Can you wait a minute?" "No, I really really need to go." So back across the store we go to the potty and come back to the toy section. I finally selected a couple of toys that he probably doesn't need, but hey that's what you do for birthdays. I made it through the grocery section pretty painlessly and called DH to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything. Just the 9V batteries that are up by the checkout so no biggie. I headed back to the photo lab to fill my sister in with the details for the night and as I get there, dh goes "well can you pick up some collards" (that's greens like spinach for you non southerners). I was JUST at the produce section when I asked him if he needed anything else. So back we go. I finally escaped Walmart nearly 2 hrs into my "quick" run. DH got a bag of beef jerky and a card for his anniversary present. I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers, some chocolates, and a card. Here's a couple of pictures of my flowers. The pictures behind it are of the church we were married in, and one of us at the church.
Photobucket
Photobucket
See aren't they just beautiful? Yesterday DH also gave me my February gift. Now before you guys get all jealous thinking I get a gift every month, rest assured I don't. I just have my anniversary, birthday, and Valentine's day in the first half of the month, so since DH went all out with my bday gift I told him he was off the hook for the rest of the month. He got me an upgrade to PS CS3! I have already scrapped a page in it. I can't say I noticed to many differences, but I'm sure they are there. I am going to go looking for a comparison chart and see what kinds of goodies it has that I don't know about yet. Here is my page from this morning that was scrapped using it.
Photobucket
You can find the credits here.
I am in a 7 pages in 7 days challenge over at PixelGypsyDesigns. The page above is day 3. Here is day 2. The challenge was to use less than 7 elements not including a title font, your pictures, and 1 background paper. I think they were going for white space, and I just don't handle white space well. I think this was a good interpretation of the requirements and my style.
Photobucket
credits
Unfortunately I have fallen behind a day, so now I have to find time to scrap today to play catch up. This challenge has really helped me get out of my scrappin' funk. Maybe after this challenge is over I will have a chance to keep working on the design of this blog. I figured out how to do a personalized topper, so I figure that is a step in the right direction. Until next time.. ciao.

2 comments:

Oase said...

CONGRATS and Happy Anniversary to you and dear hubby. Those flowers are gorgeous, I hope you both had a great day.
Driving by on the DSO blog Train

Lisa Joy said...

I'm jealous of you getting PS CS3.
I hope you had a great day. (when is your birthday)