Monday, February 4, 2008

It's my birthday!

It's offical, I am now 29 years old. I am now working on the last 364 days before I have to turn 30 (shudder in horror). I wish I could say I have some great plans for the day, but right now all I can hope to do is survive. Apparently no one told my kids they were supposed to be well behaved on mommy's birthday, and I have already fielded a few meltdowns. I have a feeling they are carry overs from yesterday's napless day and the colds they just can't seem to shake. We had a 1st birthday party for my nephew yesterday, and the kids were wired and over stimulated. Nathan doesn't take well to large crowd stimulation and the party was a big one. Usually it ends in meltdown mode. I wish I could say I enjoyed the party but I can't. To many people, and an emergency run to Walmart for clean pants for my nearing 4yo who had an accident 5 minutes after I asked if he needed to potty, to enjoy. I must admit Logan was a cutie digging into his cake.

My birthday is a cool day. Not only do I get to celebrate it, but so does my brother and my nephew (son to BIL not brother). My big brother (2yrs my senior) and I also share wedding anniversaries. They were both my doings...lol. Here I am with each the people I share this special day with.
Photobucket
Me and Logan
Photobucket
Will and I at my wedding

I am hoping the kids decide that really really long naps are needed today. I feel we both need it. I have received some nice birthday gifts from the scrapping community so I think I will repay by posting a present for you guys. It isn't much, and I am to lazy to find a preview, but it is my blue-green mini kit that failed to develop past a mini kit.
Blue-green Mini .
That's it for now. I hope to come back tomorrow with the joys of my birthday stories, and not more horror stories of it.

3 comments:

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope your kiddos take naps for you, sounds like we are having a similar kinda day lol..well except its not my bday.

SarahB said...

Happy Birthday! Hope your little ones nap as their present to you!

Lisa Joy said...

Happy birthday!
I hope they take long naps.